Friday, June 3, 2011

Anna Calvi - Bowery Ballroom May 25th 2011






























These shots are of Anna Calvi and She Keeps Bees. There was a band between the acts that sounded like Vampire Weekend from the West coast and didn't produce any interesting images for me. But during their second or third song I saw a guy dressed all in white with white hair shot straight back. After a double take I realized it was David Byrne. Between bands Austin and I nervously sidled up to him and finally introduced ourselves. He very friendly and happy to know we liked his music and willing to talk and joke with us for a moment. Only a small number of people seemed to recognize him. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo with him as I felt it was rude to ask. So far my largest celebrity sighting in New York City.

The review was posted on Under the Radar and written by Austin Trunick.
http://www.undertheradarmag.com/reviews/anna_calvi_at_the_bowery_ballroom_new_york_new_york/

No comments:

Post a Comment