Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mastodon - Terminal 5 - Nov. 19, 2011






Mastodon has been one of those bands I've been followed for a long time. In 2003, before Leviathan had been release they were playing in Youngstown, opening up for Clutch at Naybingyi. My friend Justin and I got there and were denied entrance as it was 18+ only and the 300 capacity venue was sold out. He and I sat across the street to listen to two or three songs from Mastodon before we wandered off.

I regret that I was unable to get any descent shots of drummer Brann Dailor. He is great behind that set and an amazing creative force for the group.

At this time it's aparent that I need to up date my gear. A new camera, faster and longer lenses. There are points were you have to make a leap and take what you're doing seriously or resign yourself to hobbyism. At this point I want to take this work seriously. Even if I don't take myself as such.

1 comment: